» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum > R6 Chat > Tips & Advice

Old 08-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
simplystyle
Oil Rag
Site Admin

Default valve adjustment

Well, my r6 is approaching 26k (still runs like a champ!), and it getting about time to have a valve adjustment done on the bike. So i was just wondering if anyone has had this done, and about how much of a bill i should expect. Thanks.
simplystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
fierohink
Super Moderator

I had my valves checked at 18k miles due to the harsh life my bike lives. My dealer only charged 1.5hrs and came to about $100.

Expect to pay a lot more if adjustments need to be made because shims are pretty pricey.
HH+
Galfer Braided
Full Micron
fierohink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:16 AM   #3
marsher2112
Oil Rag

I have a 2000 R6 at 17k miles and just finished a valve job. expect quite a few hours to do it, if it needs adjusted. They tend to run at least 300 bucks (figure around 75 bucks an hour times at least 4 hours to do the job at a shop). i picked up shims from a local shop for 6 bucks a pop. considering there is a maximum of 16 shims its not too bad.
marsher2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:39 AM   #4
MazdaspeedR6
Oil Rag

Mine is getting up there and going to need adjustment for the down time in the winter. Coming up on my 26K miles to and still running awesome.

If you cant follow my line...
THEN STAY OFF MY A**!
MazdaspeedR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement