Leather Jackets... - Yamaha R6 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By humuhumunukunukuapuaa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Site Admin

Leather Jackets...

I need to get a leather jacket, but i'm in a halt. Because I don't know exactly which to get. I'll probably be wearing this during spring, summer, and fall and hopefully we have a warm winter

Any advice on which leather jacket to get? I like the way Icon Timax2 is, but it looks REALLY hot and didn't see much venting. So basically i'm looking for good protection, quailty of leather and decent venting and warmth for thru out the year.... any help would be grateful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 03:53 AM

I haven't seen many leather jackets with very good perforation. Usually one piece suits are much better ventilated.
Will you be using it just for casual city riding? Maybe consider a textile jacket for better ventilation. Just a thought.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 11:48 PM

Incubi
The Leather jacket that i ride with is a Hein Girke ( i believe thats how you spell it.) IMO ( in my opinion) Leather is way better than textile, and kangaroo leather is better than cowhide leather. But here's the breakdown; if you ride hard on the street, then go shell out the money for a high quality leather jacket, yes it will be warmer in the summer, but during the famed "asphalt message" it will hold up much better than a textile. although i would be a hypocrite if i just raved about leathers, as i also own a "pheniox" jacket by joe rocket. its very nice in the summer as its basically a mesh net with pads, but i do realize that if i go down then its me and the asphalt one on one. Personally if i ride hard or go to that day then i take the leathers out. if its for some eggs, then i take the textile. Although it would be nice to get a Dinese kangaroo leather suit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 06:07 AM

Leathe LOL you will die die die in the heat. All nice and comfy when you are moving but if you live like where I do and have only one traffic light jk.. when you stop at a red you will boil and bake ache and sweat. Think about this...cool bike, cool leather jacket, hot day cute chick, all sweaty, and persperation under arm pits. Makes no sense. Get a jacket that comes with a liner that can be removed. I believe AGV makes a good HYBRID with leather on the area most likely to touch and scrape/ mesh material in low impact areas. I had the first one of the hybrid AGV's and it was great. When it rained or was cold I put the liner on and was fine. Sweat sucks dude, and it causes fatigue on longer rides.
jackfrank likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 06:11 AM

One Peice

One peice suits suck, Looks Great though!!!!! ***** sweat sweat sweat. all you do is sweat but you look cool, and if you are like me and look beautiful sweaty, than it's great, but if you are like most of the people that get stink and ugly than don't get one. HYBRID'S the best bet is to get one jacket for summer/short rides, and one for winter. It pays to be comfortable. And by the best so you feel good
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 08:19 AM
Bike Polisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by humuhumunukunukuapuaa View Post
Leathe LOL you will die die die in the heat. All nice and comfy when you are moving but if you live like where I do and have only one traffic light jk.. when you stop at a red you will boil and bake ache and sweat. Think about this...cool bike, cool leather jacket, hot day cute chick, all sweaty, and persperation under arm pits. Makes no sense. Get a jacket that comes with a liner that can be removed. I believe AGV makes a good HYBRID with leather on the area most likely to touch and scrape/ mesh material in low impact areas. I had the first one of the hybrid AGV's and it was great. When it rained or was cold I put the liner on and was fine. Sweat sucks dude, and it causes fatigue on longer rides.
Sound like to me excellent.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 05:15 PM
Oil Rag

Definitely have different jacket for summer and winter, especially if you live near or in the snow belt. My buddy learned that when he took a month long journey to the Colorado and shivered on his all-weather jacket when the winter season started while he's still half way of his travel. Now he's a Jeep guy. Recently helped him install the new set of AT tires and xd wheels and definitely bring his winter jacket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode