My new Helmet - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Oil Rag

im SUPER picky over helmets, last season i rode with a cheap helmet like that and crashed and had severe head damage. i just bought a simpson street bandit for this upcoming season. i was really mad with my self after the accident for buying a POS helmet! like said above, what is your head worth?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Oil Rag

does anyone have a link to this article i know it was in a mag. but if someone knows where i could find the info that be great
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 01:56 AM
Bike Polisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdano View Post
yeah i spent $700 on my shoei x-eleven, there is no comparison. But i would rather see someone spend $70.00 and wear a helmet than see someone not wear one.
AGREED

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Bike Polisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheart510 View Post
i am in the market for a helmet. i tried on the Arai 'tommy gun' helmet and loooved how it felt. far more superior than any other helmet i tried on. but that was stading indoors. who knows how it feels on the road at 80mph for 2 hours.
i have 3 Arai RX7 helmets similar to the tommy gun you tried on and i have to say it's very comfortable. you should not have a problem wearing it for long periods of time after you get a chance to break it in. i know i have gone for a 4+ hrs ride and did not have any problem with the helmet. i always wear ear plugs when going for that long or a ride so it would be more quiet. Try looking on eBay, I found all 3 of my helmets there for around $500 each compare to the $700+ retail price tag.

i have seen a lot of threads in all different forums about the same questions. overall i have to agree that why you want to go cheap on a helmet when your head is the most important part of your body. So everyone and preach all they want about spending tons of money on a helmet but at the end of the day it’s up to the individual to get what they want.

some of you might have already seen this but this is a testimonial of someone who crash while wearing an ARAI RX7.

http://www.araiamericas.com/default.aspx?pageid=49

Last edited by Thrillseeker; 01-19-2010 at 06:16 PM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Oil Rag

Send a message via AIM to Sargeant_002 Send a message via MSN to Sargeant_002 Send a message via Yahoo to Sargeant_002
At the very least as new a model as possible (helmets are only good in five year intervals) and SNELL approval is nice. Of course it MUST meet or exceed DOT ratings. A very snug fit is important at first, they'll loosen up a little with some use. Heck that's cheap enough you could keep it as a back up and maybe get another "nicer" helmet later on...

Brian-
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Mechanic

second that Sargeant. that`s why you will find top brands at half price or even cheaper on E-bay. might be old or with a crash on it
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 08:23 AM
Bike Polisher

No doubt is a good helmet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode